Tuesday, September 9, 2008

dancing in the rain.


I danced in the rain last night. Yesterday, Sept. 8 was Mama Mary's bday and I was supposed to go to the church, see and greet her atleast, but my sister texted me asking if I could pick her up at her school. Being a loving ate, I obliged. :)

The rain is imminent and I don't have an umbrella or a jacket with me, but I don't mind, I am used to facing the wrath of the rain eversince I am a student. I'm a stubborn lass who always intentionally forget my 3-fold umbrella. :) When I arrived at her school in Makati the pavement was still dry but suddenly little drops started to pour in, I dont have a choice but to dock at the nearest store. While waiting it became a heavy downpour of water, and I am wet and cold all over. I used my charm to ask a fourth year girl to take me to the school gates because if I wont enter the school grounds, the things in my cloth bag including my cellphone and wallet would be soaking wet. I waited for my sister inside the school and as I wait I know the rain is flooding the streets. When atlast her classes were over, we went to the canteen and asked for plastics to secure our belongings. We walked in the rain as if were not getting wet :) I looked like I just came from a shower and didn't bother to dry myself. The flood is like the sea curling into the pedestrian lane everytime a vehicle pass by. We rode a bus up to Ayala, hoping we can catch a jeep going to PRC or Zapote but we continued strutting in the rain before we finally hailed a tricycle.
We're like children playing in the rain, laughing at the people we see and at the reactions that we get. It's a fun experience especially that I shared it with my sister. And it's good to feel like I was 8 again, not worrying about anything, hugging the dampness and the coldness of the rain even if I have to sacrifice the velvety mini skirt, white baby tee top, vest and yellow shoes that I thought I wore for fashion. But then again, I always believed that a shower of rain means blessings so I know that the rain is Mama Mary's way of gracing us with her love. :)

No comments: